This does NOT require root, it only uses Amazon officially allowed sideloading!
You need to take a few simple steps, details are below, but I'll give you a quick over-view:
Install a windows program that Google wrote to talk to Android devices (adb.exe)
Use adb to push over Kodi (XBMC) as an Android apk
Use adb to push over the USTV zip file
Follow my previous instructions to configure Kodi (XBMC)
- Follow this guy's instructions to sideload XBMC onto your fire TV
- NOTE: he doesn't specify, but you should download Kodi (XBMC) from here (get the ARM version)
- Don't forget to install llama, Classic TV and follow these instructions to put a shortcut to Kodi (XBMC) on your home screen.
- Download USTV-VoD to your computer. Put it somewhere you'll remember.
- Open up a cmd window and enter these commands (similar to what you did to sideload, but these are 'pushes'). If you have your USTV repository zip in a file path with a space, you'll need to surround that command with quotes:
- adb kill-server
- adb start-server
- adb connect FireTVIPAddressv
- Example: adb connect 192.168.0.101
- adb push "local PC filepath" "Fire TV folder"
- Example1 : adb push "c:\users\Hot Mess\ustv-vod.zip" /sdcard/Download
- Example 2: adb push c:\downloads\ustv-vod.zip /sdcard/Download
- NOW, follow the instructions on my previous blog post starting on Step 3 to install and configure USTV-VOD!
- NOTE: you'll find the zip file you pushed over under "Install from File System / Root Filesystem / SDCARD / Download"
Make it Awesome!
- Make a easy shortcut to Kodi (XBMC) (follow these instructions)
- Genesis - Kodi Add-on for Movies and much more. Install this repo as a source and add it. Then go to video add ons, all add ons and find Genesis.
- SportsDevil - Kodi Add-on for sports. Install this by pushing with adb (as detailed above). Add from zip just like USTV. NOTE: You have to install this zip file twice. The first time it loads some generic item (I missed the name, icon is a box). The second time you install from zip, you see the sports devil. Strange but it's behaved the same way twice for me...
- SNES Emulator - get the plus Android version to play Super Nintendo! Sideload just like you did XBMC (I used the app Space Shooter for the dummy shortcut b/c it looks like an old-school game)